Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Fantasy Football: QB's

I'll list some QB's I love and I would love to draft, and the earliest I would select them. Here's who I like this season in the Quarterback position this season:

1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers, Week 8 Bye- Put up great numbers last season, has 4-5 great options at reciever, will probably throw for more TD's and yardage this season.
Where I'd draft him: Mid 1st round or beyond.

2. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints, Week 11 Bye- Sean Payton loves to throw, even with losing Reggie Bush and the addition of Mark Ingram, they still have Brees, and much like Rodgers, he can turn a random 4th positon reciever and make him look like a star.
Where I'd draft him: Late 1st round, early 2nd round

3. Tom Brady, New England Patriots, Week 7 Bye- Brady got his old weapon back last year in Deion Branch. They added Chad Ochocinco who I can see have a season like Randy Moss did in his 1st year with New England, much like these two QB's before Brady, he can turn coal into gold (see: Green-Ellis, Benjarvis), not to mention Brady won me my league last year.
Where I'd draft him: Mid to late 2nd Round

4. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers, Week 6- His team missed the playoffs last year, and he was still remarkable. He's a great fantasy QB, but I'd hate to have him on my real life favorite team...the Chargers need to do more later in the season. Can't go wrong with targets like V-Jack and Gates.
Where I'd draft him: 3rd round

5. Matt Schaub, Houston Texans, Week 11 Bye- If he stays healthy, and Andre Johnson does too, he'll have another great season.
Where I'd draft him: 3rd Round

6. Matt Ryan, Atlanta Falcons, Week 8 Bye- Roddy White and Michael Turner were both great weapons for Ryan, but now add Rookie Julio Jones to the mix and Ryan might be a top 5 QB sooner than later.
Where I'd draft him: 3rd to 4th Round

Question Marks
These guys give me some concern drafting them, I would probably be like the Minnesota Vikings and have the draft timer run up on me if one of these guys were on the board when I'm debating between them.

1. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles, Week 7 Bye- There is a lot of hype going into this season surrounding Michael Vick and the Eagles. I love LeSean McCoy, but you have DeSean Jackson who wants a new contract, Steve Smith who might not be ready to go to start the season and Jeremy MacLin who's had some sort of ailment we no nothing about. Vick could put up some great numbers, but I'm not too sold on him.
Where I'd take him: I would want a solid RB and/or WR before I picked him

2. Peyton Manning, Indianapolis Colts, Week 11 Bye- Peyton has been one of the most consistant and top picked QB's in fantasy for the last decade, but he's never came into a season like this. He has some dangerous weapons, but offseason neck surgery and him not even throwing a football worries me a little bit. If I had some fantasy drafts September 3rd-7th, I'd know more about him, but I think Peyton wants to be remembered like Cal Ripkin and not sit out a game. I think if Manning misses the opener, Colts fans should worry.
Where I'd take him: If he falls to the late 2nd round, or early 3rd round, regardless of who I have.

Solid Choices
They won't win your game, but since you didn't draft these guys until later, you're probably stacked anyway.

1. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers, Week 11 Bye
2. Josh Freeman, Tampa Bay Bucs, Week 8 Bye
3. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys, Week 5 Bye
4. Joe Flacco, Baltimore Ravens, Week 5 Bye
5. Matt Cassell, Kansas City Chiefs, Week 6 Bye
6. Sam Bradford, St. Louis Rams, Week 5 Bye
7. Colt McCoy, Cleveland Browns, Week 5 Bye
8. Matt Stafford, Detroit Lions, Week 6 Bye
9. Kevin Kolb, Arizona Cardinals, Week 9 Bye

I Wouldn't Touch 'Em
If everyone in my league drafts all the QB's I've already listed, I'd probably draft one of these guys and trade a top pick of mine.

1. Jay Cutler, Chicago Bears (He's terrible)
2. David Garrard, Jacksonville Jaguars (Rookie QB in waiting)
3. Donovon McNabb, Minnesota Vikings (Rookie QB in waiting)
4. Kyle Orton, Denver Broncos (The public probably wants Tebow)
5. Alex Smith, San Fran 49ers (Rookie QB in waiting)
6. Tavaris Jackson, Seattle Seahawks (It's just not happening)
7. Any Oakland Raiders QB, just pick one. I'm sure 4 will play this season.

I know I started a day later, but I'll do the Running Backs tomorrow. I think with the RB's and WR's I'll probably go over the top 15 I'd love to have and the top 10 I'd like to have...and the ones I probably don't want to have.

-ACE

No comments:

Post a Comment