Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fantasy Football: RB's

Good friend of the show and fantasy expert, Paul Charchian has a method when drafting called 'Do the Opposite'. What that means is do the opposite of what the normal method of drafting is in fantasy football. Instead of using your first two or 3 picks on Running Backs, do the opposite and NOT draft a RB until at least the 4th Round. Last year I went with Charch's method and it worked out well. I took Tom Brady and Randy Moss (BUST) with my first two picks, but I ended up drafting guys like Jamaal Charles, Rashard Mendenhall and Hakeem Nicks to help carry my team. Two years ago at the #12 pick in our draft I took Andre Johnson and Larry Fitzgerald. I'll have four sections to this blog:

Stud Running Back- If he's there when you're on the clock, take him.

Backup Backfield- If you take the #1 RB on the team, make sure to take his backup in later rounds. (Example: Ryan Grant in the 3rd round...take James Starks in the 10th Round)
Do the Opposite- If you took two WR's and a QB, and this guy is still there, take him.
Don't Take This Guy!- Simple, eh?

Here we go!

Stud Running Backs
1. Adrian Peterson, Minnesota Vikings
2. Ray Rice, Baltimore Ravens
3. Arian Foster, Houston Texans
4. LeSean McCoy, Philadelphia Eagles
5. Michael Turner, Atlanta Falcons
6. Chris Johnson, Tennessee Titans (If he comes to camp, he'll go down if he doesn't)
7. Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars
8. Rashard Mendenhall, Pittsburgh Steelers
9. Peyton Hillis, Cleveland Browns
10. LaGarrette Blount, Tampa Bay Bucs
11. Frank Gore, San Fransisco 49ers
12. Stephen Jackson, St. Louis Rams
13. Ahmad Bradshaw, New York Giants

Backup Backfield
Don't start these guys at the same time, just make sure one is on the bench incase of an injury or a performance replacement.
1. Joseph Addai and Donald Brown, Indianapolis Colts
2. Ryan Grant and James Starks, Green Bay Packers
3. Ryan Matthews and Mike Tolbert, San Diego Chargers
4. Shonne Greene and LaDanian Tomlinson, New York Jets

Do The Opposite
1. Fred Jackson, Buffalo Bills
2. Felix Jones, Dallas Cowboys
3. Brandon Jacobs, New York Giants
4. Marshawn Lynch, Seattle Seahawks
5. Matt Forte, Chicago Bears

Don't Take This Guy!
Whatever the case is, I don't like these guys...I won't use a draft pick on them.
1. Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders. I don't like Raiders.
2. Jahvid Best, Detroit Lions. I think he gets hurt.
3. DeAngelo Williams, Carolina Panthers. I don't think he will have much productivity this year.
4. Cedric Benson, Cincinatti Bengals. I don't think he'll touch the ball much on such a bad team.
5. Thomas, Ingram or Sproles of New Orleans. They could all get equal touches and they have Drew Brees throwing to his 4 usual targets.
6. Brian Westbrook, Not sure if he's on a team, I still hate him, years after ruining my fantasy teams.

That concludes my running back page. Tomorrow I will do a piece on the WR's of the 2011 Season similar to this one today. Friday I will finish it off with Tight Ends, D/ST's and Kickers. I'll probably just do the top 12 at each position and a few that I don't like at each one.

Also, don't forget that Paul Charchian should be our guest on a special Thursday night episode of 'The Jakey and The Ace Show'. 8-10pm/CT. I spoke with him yesterday and he's got a few other obligations, but he should be on sometime after 8pm to talk a little fantasy football!

Check the show out here Jakey and The Ace 8/25/2011 8pm/CT

Thanks for reading!

-ACE

No comments:

Post a Comment