Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Preperations A through G were failures....

What a weekend it has been since I last blogged.

I'll make a +/- list of things that have happened over the past couple of days.

+ I turned 24
- I'm halfway to almost 50
+ I spent Sunday with some of by best buddies.
- We didn't win a bucket of beer.
+ We did win a bottle of Vodka and 4 Guinness Glasses.
- I hate Guinness.
+ Something other than Guinness can go in the glasses.
- The Vikings won, even though they should have lost.
+ The Packers won.
- Chad Clifton got hurt in the 4th Quarter.
+ He should be just fine.
- We spent a lot of money at the Village Pub.
+ Charlie McCloskey picked up the tab for my birthday gift.
- We went to Jake's.
+ Jake's lowered their prices.
- Not on beer.
+ We went to Joe Sensers in Vikings gear.
- No one got upset.
+ We went back to the Village Pub.
- This time I had to pick up my tab.
+ We hung out with Joe McGovern and Dan O'Malley.
- I don't remember the rest of the night.
+ I went home with Dan's really cool hat.
- Again, I forgot most of the night.
+ I'm told it was a fun night.
- I puked up McDonalds around 5am.
+ I fell back asleep and woke up with a potential job interview next week.
---- I awoke with a hemorrhoid. It sucks.

In a nutshell, that was my weekend. I've been laying on my side and applying Preperation H when needed, it's almost gone. I separated my shoulder in January and it was an inconvenience then I get this little fu*king hemorrhoid, and it is the worst thing since Miller Chill. Anyway, onto bigger and better things.

Today was really the first day I've done anything productive since, well, my situation developed, so I did my grocery shopping and was playing Madden. I love Madden, but I've gotten a little bored by it. I traded in a few old games I don't play and bought the brand new WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 2010, from what I've played, it's definitely the best game in the franchise. The gameplay is pretty smooth and the storyline modes are insane! Enough nerd talk.

Just saw a horrible commercial....Who would really buy a Chia-Obama? "Chia Obama makes the statement, I'm proud to be an American." What does it mean if I buy a Chia Garfield? I'm proud to hate Mondays and eat lasagna?

Also, just saw another cool thing. After the Jason Werth 2-run shot in the 1st inning by Philly, James Loney lead off the top of the 2nd and hit a solo shot. The fan who caught the ball, caught it one handed and as quickly as he caught it he threw it back, very cool. I've always loved that tradition of throwing opposing teams home run balls back.

Which brings me on to the playoffs. I'd love to see the Angels come back, but lets face it; It's probably going to be a Yankees/Phillies World Series. I will be pulling for Philly, and I really thing they can take down the bombers. They match up very evenly with the Yanks. What scares me is that you spend $200 Million on a franchise, and you can only pull out 3 starters? I would much rather have the Phils starters, but the Yankees bullpen.

My unofficial pick because it's not confirmed yet: Phillies over Yankees in 6.

How about the umpiring last night in the ALCS/ALDS? If baseball was thinking about expanding the instant replay before last night, they NEED to expand it now. It's understandable if an umpire makes a mistake, but we've seen enough mistakes this postseason. Could the Twins have won the series if the umpiring was spot on? I don't think so, but they could have won at least a game. What really gets me is that once the postseason starts the MLB ADDS 2 MORE UMPIRES SO CALLS LIKE THAT DON'T HAPPEN!! COME ON!

Here is how I would expand MLB Replay:
-Balls and Strikes are NOT Reviewable.
-Home Run calls are automatically reviewed.
-Plays at the plate are automatically reviewed.
-Plays at 1st, 2nd and 3rd can be Challenged by Managers.
-Questionable Foul/Fair Balls can be Challenged by Managers.
-Managers can challenge if a batter was hit by a pitch.
-Managers are allowed 2 Challenges per 9 innings.
-Anything that occurs in extra innings that meet the criteria above will be reviewed by an Umpire in the booth.

People think this will slow it down, I don't think so at all. Do what the NHL does on goals: let the umpire run to a station, put on a headset and watch a monitor and let an umpire in the booth review it with him. 30 Second delay, max!

I'll be back later in the week with my NFC North Picks and anything else that's happened in the world of sports. Go Phillies....11 Minutes until Glee!

No comments:

Post a Comment